FULL TIME COPYWRITER
We are Nemo Design of Portland, Oregon. We work with the best outdoor, active and lifestyle brands by developing strategy and designing experiences with the consumer at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for a copywriter to join our team. Your words will be used to build authentic and inspiring stories, uncover insights and new opportunities, and solve business problems.
Together we’ll be creating things like names, headlines, establishing voice and tone, graphics with pithy lines, identity systems, guidelines, packaging, retail spaces, events, content, and…you get the idea. The kind of stuff that would be even better with your words sprinkled liberally throughout.
SPECIFIC THINGS WE’RE AFTER:
Nemo is an open, energetic creative environment. We are also an equal opportunity employer, and this full time position is available to any candidate who meets our standards.
Some travel required. Maybe.
WE WILL GIVE YOU THESE:
Competitive salary, based on your level of experience.
A generous benefits package which includes health, dental, 401K, paid time off, and more.
A fun, friendly, and collaborative workspace with state-of-the-art creative tools, kick ass co-workers and amazing clients.
Nemo has been named by Outside Magazine as one of the top 100 “Best Places To Work” four years in a row.
HOW TO APPLY:
Upload your resume, cover letter, and links to any sample work available online.
If your existing work doesn’t quite match where your trajectory, abilities and goals are at—you can score some extra credit in expressing yourself by including your answers to the following extra credit challenges below.
EXTRA CREDIT WRITING SAMPLE (INCLUDE THESE ANSWERS IN THE PROVIDED FIELD BELOW)
1. What is the single biggest thing in your life that you’ve invested more hours and passion pursuing than anything else?
2. In one sentence, if you were going to mess with Texas, how would you do it?
3. A major food brand wants to develop a signature snack food around you/your lifestyle/your vibe. What would you name it?
4. What are your pet peeves about copywriting?
5. Tell us about the sketchiest thing you were part of in the past 4 years:
6. What’s more important: wind or lettuce, and why?
7. Create a set of instructions for getting away with a misdemeanor.
8. Your top three cultural/creative influences: