We are Nemo Design of Portland, Oregon. We work with the best outdoor, active and lifestyle brands by developing strategy and designing experiences with the consumer at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to join our team. The Accounting Manager is a manager-level position responsible for all facets of finance, administrative Human Resources functions, and supporting business operations. The Accounting Manager works with all departments of the company ensuring financial and operational effectiveness and success and is responsible for understanding best practices for accounting processes and for ensuring finances are accurately reported and safeguarded in a timely manner.
Our agency was built on high impact design, authenticity in everything we do, youthful energy, and innovative ideas that deliver results. We work and play as a team; collective progression is the Nemo motto.
· Month-end close through financial statement preparation
· Maintain the budget, updating with actuals and reporting on variances
· Preparation and review of journal entries to reflect monthly activity
· Balance sheet account reconciliation
· Process bi-weekly payroll, annual W-2 generation, and recording of journal entries
· Print checks and process ACH payments for accounts payable
· Monitor and manage cash flow
· Oversee the financial aspects of work in process to ensure projects are billed and closed timely
· Oversee and manage the duties of the AP/AR/Billing staff member
· Process quarterly estimated tax payments for owners, company & subsidiaries and managing the relationship with the tax CPA
· Handle all administrative functions of HR including onboarding of new hires, answering questions about benefits and assisting managers with data needed for employee reviews
· Administering the company 401k plan and work with the Third Party Administrator for 401k compliance
· Managing the insurance relationship for all business polices
· 5+ years of professional accounting experience
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
· Thorough knowledge of GAAP and standard accounting processes and procedures
· Ability to work with other teams effectively
· Intermediate or better Excel skills
· Google Suite, Workamajig, Quickbooks, and BambooHR software experience desirable
· Strong financial understanding and ability to explain financial data to non-accountants
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
WE WILL GIVE YOU THESE:
Competitive salary, based on your level of experience
A generous benefits package which includes health, dental, 401K, paid time off, and more
A fun, friendly, and collaborative workspace with kick-ass co-workers and amazing clients
We are also an equal opportunity employer, and this full-time position is available to any candidate who meets our standards.